SUSTA's mission is to provide assistance to small businesses in the Southern U.S. who would like to promote U.S. food/agriculture in foreign markets. In order to comply with our mission, companies must meet a few basic eligibility requirements.
- Are you headquartered in the SUSTA region?
- Is your company a U.S. business entity in good standing with your Secretary of State?
- Are you small by Small Business Administration (SBA) size standards?
If not, you may be eligible to participate in the Agricultural Trade Promotion (ATP) program. Contact SUSTA for more information.
- Do you have at least $50,000 in actual annual sales?
- Do your products have a brand?
- Do your products contain at least 50% U.S. agriculture? (This is determined by weight, excluding water and packaging weight) Not sure? Use this spreadsheet to determine if your products meet this requirement.
- Do your packaging/labels have an eligible U.S. origin statement? (Examples: Made in America, Product of Kentucky)
If you answered yes, then it is time to create your MySUSTA Account!
Here are screenshots of the process to help you along!