The Market Access Program
(MAP) Brand was designed for small businesses that desire
financial support to launch a new branded export effort.
For accepted participants SUSTA reimburses
up to 50% of certain international marketing and promotion
expenses, including eligible tradeshows, in-store displays,
and required label changes. View full list of eligible expenses or eligible product types.
Eligible MAP Brand Promotion products are diverse
as alligator hides, catfish, snack foods and hot sauce. To
participate in MAP Branded, companies must:
- Be “small”, according
to Small Business Administration guidelines, or be a farm
- Export a product that is at least
50% U.S. agricultural origin by weight
- Control sufficient quantity to
assure uninterrupted supply to international buyers
- Market a product under a brand
- Label the product as "Product
of the USA" or "Made in the USA"
Companies can apply for the program on a
rolling basis. Participation and budgeting takes place on
a program-year basis. Applications
are accepted beginning August 1. Once all the funding is allocated, the
application process is over until the next year.
Approval of applicants is in the discretion of SUSTA and in accordance with its construction of its purpose.
- Advertising (print, TV, radio)
- Approved domestic trade shows 2012 2013
*Approved trade shows are subject to change
- International freight charges for samples
- In-store displays and promotional
- In-store promotions and demonstrations
- International trade seminars
- International trade shows
- Printed sales materials
- Promotional gift items (up to $1
- Travel to international trade shows
- Required packaging/label changes
Back to top