The Market Access Program
(MAP) Brand was designed for small businesses that desire
financial support to launch a new branded export effort.
For accepted participants SUSTA reimburses
up to 50% of certain international marketing and promotion
expenses, including eligible tradeshows, in-store displays,
and required label changes. View full list of eligible expenses or eligible product types.
Eligible MAP Brand Promotion products are diverse
as alligator hides, catfish, snack foods and hot sauce. To
participate in MAP Branded, companies must:
- Be “small”, according
to Small Business Administration guidelines, or be a farm
- Export a product that is at least
50% U.S. agricultural origin by weight
- Control sufficient quantity to
assure uninterrupted supply to international buyers
- Market a product under a brand
- Label the product as "Product
of the USA" or "Made in the USA"
The program year follows the calendar year: January 1-December 31. The application process
opens August 1 the year prior to the program year and continues on a rolling basis throughout the program year.
Once all the funding is allocated, the application process is over until the next year.
Approval of applicants is in the discretion of SUSTA and in accordance with its construction of its purpose.
- Printed Sales Materials
- Direct Mailing to Foreign Buyers
- Public Relations
- Website Development
- Freight for Samples and/or Marketing Materials
- Packaging/Label Changes to Meet Import Regulations
- In-Store Demonstrations and Food Service Promotions
- In-Store Displays
- Exhibiting at International Trade Shows
- Exhibiting at Approved U.S. Trade Shows
- International Trade Seminars
- International Trade Missions Pre-Approved by FAS
- Travel Expenses to International Trade Shows/Pre-Approved Trade Missions
- Part Time Contractors
- Promotional Giveaway Items (up to $2.00 per individual item)
Back to top